Re: SSI update - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: SSI update
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Excerpts from Greg Smith's message of lun nov 15 12:32:25 -0300 2010:

> I could use a brief reminder of how this bit fits into the "serializable
> lock consistency" patch that's already sitting into the CF queue as
> "Ready for Committer" though.

I remind you, though, that the most painful point that caused the
commitfest process to come into existance was the HOT patch, which was
very large and intrusive and didn't get any review until very late in
the cycle.  So getting some review earlier than at the last minute is
important.