Re: duplicate connection failure messages - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: duplicate connection failure messages
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Excerpts from Bruce Momjian's message of sáb nov 13 22:36:31 -0300 2010:

> OK, I found out how to get the IP address with the attached patch.  The
> problem is that only pghost is set, never pghostaddr.  I am not even
> sure how that would get set for this code because my tests show it is
> not:

This doesn't work for IPv6 addresses, though.

pghostaddr is specified by the user on the command line as an
optimization to avoid DNS lookups IIRC, which is why you don't see the
code setting it.