Re: oracle to psql migration - slow query in postgres - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Tony Capobianco
Subject Re: oracle to psql migration - slow query in postgres
Date
List pgsql-performance
The recommendations on the numeric columns are fantastic.  Thank you
very much.  We will revisit our methods of assigning datatypes when we
migrate our data over from Oracle.
Regarding the full table scans; it appears inevitable that full table
scans are necessary for the volume of data involved and the present
design of our indexes.  Over time, indexes were added/removed to satisfy
particular functionality.  Considering this is our most important table,
I will research exactly how this table is queried to better
optimize/reorganize our indexes.

Thanks for your help.
Tony