Re: Bug in information_schema: column names don't match spec - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Bug in information_schema: column names don't match spec
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On fre, 2010-10-08 at 11:19 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Was this just a thinko in our transcription, or did they rename the
> view columns somewhere along the line?

I suppose you figured this out already, but in some of my older draft
copies, the column did indeed have a different name.  The other columns
were just copying mistakes, apparently.

> Perhaps more to the point, what shall we do about it?  Just renaming
> the view columns is easy enough, but should we try to do something to
> limit the impact on existing clients?

I wouldn't worry about it unless we get complaints.  Users can change
the view easily enough if they need.