Re: Impossible to import pg_dumpall from 7.2.2 to 7.3b1 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Impossible to import pg_dumpall from 7.2.2 to 7.3b1
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hervé Piedvache <herve@elma.fr> writes:
> But when I try to import it inside 7.3b1 I get this :
> (seems that the copy command is not fully compatible with the 7.2.2
> pg_dumpall ?)

> Many thinks like this : (I have only copied some parts ...)
> Size of the dump about 1.5 Gb ...

> Query buffer reset (cleared).
> psql:/tmp/dump_mybase.txt:1015274: invalid command \nPour
> Query buffer reset (cleared).

It seems pretty clear that the COPY command itself failed, leaving psql
trying to interpret the following data as SQL commands.  But you have
not shown us either the COPY command or the error message it generated,
so there's not a lot we can say about it...