From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgsql: * Stephen Frost (sfrost@snowman.net) wrote:
Date
List pgsql-committers
> One other thing: it's important that the first words in your commit
> mesage summarise the contents of the commit, because that's what gets
> put in the subject line of the committers email message.

One thing I've been a bit mystified by is the effect of punctuation on
the email subjects.  I do compose my commit messages with some thought
to what the subject will look like, but I got burnt recently here:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2006-03/msg00056.php
where the subject got truncated at a period.  It seems to sometimes
truncate at punctuation and sometimes not --- there are plenty of other
examples where periods don't end the subject.  Does anyone know the
exact rules the message-bot is using?

            regards, tom lane