Re: errcontext support in PL/Perl - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: errcontext support in PL/Perl
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> But for extra credit, couldn't we code it so that the context is set
> before the PL handler is called, so that we get this functionality into
> all PLs at once?

FWIW, I don't particularly agree with that --- there is no reason to
suppose that all PLs will want to do this exactly the same way.  Even
if they did, the amount of code shared would only be a few lines.
It would likely end up being *more* code not less by the time you'd
found a way to do it in common (since e.g. the function caches would
not be the same for all PLs, if they even had one).