Re: [HACKERS] Moderator on Committers? - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Moderator on Committers?
Date
List pgsql-www
Excerpts from Tom Lane's message of mar ago 10 10:05:25 -0400 2010:
> "Greg Sabino Mullane" <greg@turnstep.com> writes:
> > I think the spam slipped through because it was sent with a fake "from"
> > as the address of the mailing list itself. Marc has already closed the
> > hole per my complaint a couple of days ago. However, I think the committers
> > list could certainly do without the "subscription hint" filter. Marc,
> > can you disable that bit on the committers list or make me an admin
> > for that list so I can do it myself?
>
> +1 ... just make sure you don't disable the "Security:" filter.
>
> (Possibly better would be to bypass those filters only for messages
> sourced from the CVS daemon, if that's possible.)

Possibly the script that sends the email from CVS could use the list
password somehow so that the email is automatically authorized?  (Of
course, the password must not leak from there)