Re: Drop one-argument string_agg? (was Re: [BUGS] string_agg delimiter having no effect with order by) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Drop one-argument string_agg? (was Re: [BUGS] string_agg delimiter having no effect with order by)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On ons, 2010-08-04 at 18:19 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:

> This policy also implies that we are never going to allow default
> arguments for aggregates, or at least never have any built-in ones
> that use such a feature.
>
> By my count the following people had offered an opinion on making
> this change:
>         for: tgl, josh, badalex, mmoncure
>         against: rhaas, thom
> Anybody else want to vote, or change their vote after seeing the
> patch?

I vote against this patch.  There are plenty of other places that SQL is
confusing, and this move seems excessive to me, and I find the
functionality that is proposed for removal quite useful.