Re: Create Read only user - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Create Read only user
Date
List pgsql-admin
Wells Oliver <wells.oliver@gmail.com> writes:
> Is there any weird unexpected downside to revoking perms on PUBLIC from all
> my users? It drives me nuts the random stuff that fills this schema up,
> even after I got everyone their own shiny personal schema.

As far as the system is concerned, no; in fact you could drop PUBLIC
altogether if you like.  Your users might whine though...

(Actually, dropping it altogether might be a bad idea, because then
it will come back in your next upgrade.  I think that if you just
change the permissions on it, modern versions of pg_dump/pg_upgrade
will propagate that successfully.)

            regards, tom lane