Re: tsearch2 in 7.4beta1 compile problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: tsearch2 in 7.4beta1 compile problem
Date
List pgsql-general
Oleg Bartunov <oleg@sai.msu.su> writes:
> On Thu, 14 Aug 2003, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Still, it would be better if it worked than not.  (All the core code
>> does seem to work with flex 2.5.31 now; only contrib is behind.)

> ok. I recall discussion several months ago about 2.5.31 version.
> So, we oficially support it ?

I wouldn't say that, exactly --- if anyone has any problems with 2.5.31
I'll be the first to say "use 2.5.4".  (2.5.31 doesn't even compile on
my primary machine.)  But I assume the flex guys will fix their little
problems soon, and that before PG 7.4 reaches end of life the newer flex
behavior will be standard.  So I think it behooves us to update our code
to be compatible.  The core code all works with either 2.5.4 or 2.5.31
now, and I'd like to see contrib doing the same.  (cube and seg are
broken, but I'll work on fixing those if you'll take care of tsearch
and tsearch2.)

            regards, tom lane