Re: system views for walsender activity - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: system views for walsender activity
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 2010-06-22 at 12:19 +0200, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
> Shamely simple : I only added some informations on the server's
> properties. See
> http://www.pgadmin.org/images/visualtour12/visualtour08.jpg. We only
> display the fact that the server is (or isn't) in recovery, and the
> result of the two admin functions (receive and replay location).

If you store the is-in-Recovery result you could set the .enabled
property of many of the dialog boxes. I think its going to be painful
for people to attempt to submit a DDL command and get an error.

> Too bad the other admin functions aren't there, I could have used them
> (and hope to do so in 9.1). Too bad also we cannot know the primary
> server from a connection to the slave (that's why I would love to get
> the value of
> primary_conninfo, to found the alias/IP of the primary server).

Agreed

-- Simon Riggs           www.2ndQuadrant.comPostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training and Services