Re: VACUUM messages without newlines - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: VACUUM messages without newlines
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Excerpts from Thom Brown's message of mar jun 01 11:34:38 -0400 2010:
> On 1 June 2010 16:28, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:

> > The message pieces are sent separately.  They are only crammed in a
> > single line if the interface is using the old mechanism to extract error
> > message info; anything built after cca. 2002 should be reading fields
> > separately, and printing them in separate lines.
>
> I see what you mean.  I'm seeing this in the latest version of pgAdmin
> III (1.10.3) so looks like it's not up-to-date in that respect.
> Should report it as a pgAdmin problem then?

Hmm, I wouldn't expect pgAdmin to behave this way.

[ tests ... ]

Hey, I see a problem here.  After the last INFO message (which is not
the same you mentioned, at least in this server version) my server
crashed for whatever reason, and the error report for that got stuffed
in the same line, and it didn't have the FATAL leader either.  Pretty
weird.  I'm fairly sure this is pgAdmin's doing, 'cause psql doesn't
behave this way.