Re: Londiste - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: Londiste
Date
List pgsql-docs
On Tue, 2010-05-25 at 15:23 +0000, Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:

> > Can anyone suggest where a "Londiste" mention would fit in our high
> > availability docs?
> >
> > http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/high-availability.html
>
> We already have Slony there as an "example of" async master-slave. Is
> there some problem you are trying to fix? It would be hard to add this
> without opening the floodgates of mentioning all replication systems.

Don't see a problem with mentioning Londiste.

It's not like there's that many production-strength candidates that we
shouldn't mention them all. Right now, I see it as the only missing one
on the list.

BTW Bruce, "log shipping" isn't mentioned at all in that section, which
is strange since that's what's in 9.0.