Re: missing chunk 0 for toast value ... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: missing chunk 0 for toast value ...
Date
List pgsql-general
Daniele Varrazzo <daniele.varrazzo@gmail.com> writes:
> On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 1:04 AM, Andrew Hammond
> <andrew.george.hammond@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 4:53 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>>> [ pokes around for a bit ... ] �Hmm, can you say how the failing query
>>> was submitted, exactly? �I'm wondering if it came in via simple Query
>>> (PQexec) or extended-query protocol (anything with parameters).

>> The command was sent from a python via django-1.2.1 using psycopg2-2.2.1

> PQexec then.

Thanks for the followup.  My current theory is that that's unrelated,
though --- it now seems that this is just a race condition in the use of
toasted pg_statistic entries.  See
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2011-10/msg01366.php

            regards, tom lane