Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: MakeCheckRequiredParameterValues() depend upon correct - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: MakeCheckRequiredParameterValues() depend upon correct
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 2010-04-29 at 21:27 +0300, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:

> I wasn't really following the join removal discussions, but it seems
> much safer and less complex. And it would not have been feasible to have
> both implementations of FSM around and have the user to choose. I have
> been relieved by the lack of bug reports on the new FSM, that was a big
> change that impacted all installations.

I agree that Simon's argument doesn't hold a lot of water in comparison
to the features he is citing. I say leave it on for Beta just so we can
hopefully get some inherit testing but other than that, its off for
release.

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor