Re: DRAFT beta release announcement - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: DRAFT beta release announcement
Date
List pgsql-advocacy

> In addition to the new replication, a number of new features will allow
> developers and DBAs to broaden their use of PostgreSQL, including:
>
> * Support for 64-bit Windows

This should be something like, "64-bit Support on Windows", we have
always has support for 64-bit Windows.

> * Redesigned LISTEN/NOTIFY built-in event notifications
> * The DO() statement, allowing users to execute ad-hoc procedural statements

DO() support, allowing for inline? execution of procedural statements.

Not quite sure about this one. I don't like the word ad-hoc. Dynamic?

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor