Re: testing HS/SR - 1 vs 2 performance - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: testing HS/SR - 1 vs 2 performance
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, 2010-04-25 at 23:52 +0200, Erik Rijkers wrote:

> I'll try to repeat this pattern on other hardware; although
> if my tests were run with faulty hardware I wouldn't know how/why
> that would give the above effect (such a 'regular aberration').

> testing is more difficult than I thought...

Thanks again for your help.

Please can you confirm:
* Are the standby tests run while the primary is completely quiet?
* What OS is this? Can we use dtrace scripts?

Can anyone else confirm these test results: large scale factor and small
number of sessions?