Re: Thoughts on pg_hba.conf rejection - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: Thoughts on pg_hba.conf rejection
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Maybe uaImplicitReject for the end-of-file case would be
> the most readable way.

uaImplicitReject capability added.

We're now free to bikeshed on exact wording. After much heavy thinking,
message is "pg_hba.conf rejects..." with no hint (yet?).

Point of note on giving information to the bad guys: if a
should-be-rejected connection request attempts to connect to a
non-existent database, we say "database does not exist". If db does
exist we say "pg_hba.conf rejects...". To me that looks like giving info
away... if an IP address range is rejected always then telling them
whether or not a particular database name exists seems like something I
would not wish to expose.