Re: perltidy - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: perltidy
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On mån, 2010-04-19 at 17:02 +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> The MSVC scripts currently have a "perltidy coding style" so we run
> perltidy with a specific set of arguments to format the code. (This is
> in the README). Kind of like pgindent.
>
> Should we be doing this on all the perlscripts we use?
>
> And if we do, we should obviously use the same one everywhere -
> probably just use the one we have for the msvc stuff today. Anything
> in particular about that one that people hate?

I tried it on create_help.pl and couldn't find a good combination of
options that I liked.  It either adds too much whitespace or removes too
much, or both.  Maybe that can be fined tuned.  I wouldn't want to use
the -bl option; it's not a typical Perl style.