Re: TABLESAMPLE patch is really in pretty sad shape - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: TABLESAMPLE patch is really in pretty sad shape
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Petr Jelinek <petr@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> The only major difference that I see so far and I'd like you to
> incorporate that into your patch is that I renamed the SampleScanCost to
> SampleScanGetRelSize because that reflects much better the use of it, it
> isn't really used for costing, but for getting the pages and tuples of
> the baserel.

Good suggestion.  I was feeling vaguely uncomfortable with that name as
well, given what the functionality ended up being.  (In previous drafts
of my patch I'd given the costing function more responsibility, but
that ends up making TSMs responsible to know what nodeSamplescan.c does,
so it's wrong.)  Will do.