Re: enable_joinremoval - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: enable_joinremoval
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 2010-03-29 at 09:37 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:

> In many
> cases it's not horribly difficult to work around because you can do
> SELECT * FROM ... instead of your original select list, but there
> might be some cases with multiple levels of views where it isn't that
> easy.  I think it would be good to add this back.

People have asked me how they would know whether join removal has
worked. If there is a workaround that works for most cases, I think that
might be all we need. Do you have an example where that doesn't work, so
we can judge how common that would be?