Re: PD_ALL_VISIBLE flag error on 9.0 alpha 4 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: PD_ALL_VISIBLE flag error on 9.0 alpha 4
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Sat, 2010-03-13 at 11:29 -0800, Josh Berkus wrote:
> > That's better, I was worried you'd gone all complimentary on me.
>
> <grin>Never fear that!
>
> Was that setting originally part of your design for HS?  If so, why did
> you back off from it?

We all agreed its a kluge, that's why.

It's also my 3rd choice of solution behind fine-grained lock conflicts
(1st) which would avoid many issues and master/standby in lock step
(2nd).

Having said that I'm much in favour of providing a range of options and
then letting users tell us what works for them.