Re: pg_stop_backup does not complete - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: pg_stop_backup does not complete
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2010-02-24 at 13:30 -0800, Josh Berkus wrote:

> So I'm seeing pg_abort_backup(), which also produces a
> markers which prevent the backup from loading, as an improvement on
> current UI.

Since Kevin suggested this in his first post and I agreed with that in
the first paragraph of my first post, I think you've wasted a lot of
time here going in circles. 42 posts, more than a dozen people. I think
we have better things to do than this small issue, which has nothing at
all to do with a 9.0 feature. I think you should look at prioritisation.
There are many things seriously in need of fixing and this wasn't one of
them.

Please test the following patch to see if it meets your needs and check
the wordings used in the docs.

Attachment