Re: Hot Standby: Relation-specific deferred conflict resolution - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Hot Standby: Relation-specific deferred conflict resolution
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 2010-01-29 at 12:23 -0500, Robert Haas wrote:

> Exactly.  It would be nice to see 9.0 come out in 2010, and we're not
> going to get there unless we start fixing the issues that are actually
> release-blockers, rather than adding new features.  Hot Standby was
> committed with at least one known release blocker (VACUUM FULL) on the
> assumption that that release blocker would be fixed by the committer
> who introduced it (isn't that the rule?).  Two months on, there is
> zero sign of any activity on that front, and instead we're now being
> bombarded with a series of other patches that fix issues that are not
> release-blockers under the theory that the feature isn't good enough
> to be used without them.  If that's really true, it wasn't ready for
> commit in the first place.
>
> If this were any other patch, I'd propose reverting it.

I would suggest that if we don't see activity on the release blockers,
pretty much stat... we revert it.

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor
Respect is earned, not gained through arbitrary and repetitive use or Mr. or Sir.