Re: Missing docs for SR - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Subject Re: Missing docs for SR
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2010-01-20 at 13:36 +1300, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Well, it doesn't get created in PGDATA, and the docs don't mention the
> above location that I could find.

It is installed under share/ directory for source installations. RPMs
install it under /usr/share/pgsql.

> Can we get initdb to copy it to whereever the config location is?
> That seems a lot more administrator-friendly than asking people to
> look in the source code.

Even though I agree that this file became really important for us, I
think we don't copy any .sample files under $PGDATA.

Maybe we should clarify docs and point admins to relevant dirs.
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ, RHCE
Command Prompt - http://www.CommandPrompt.com