Re: postgresql 8.1 windows 2008 64 bit - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: postgresql 8.1 windows 2008 64 bit
Date
List pgsql-general
> we plan to upgrade to 8.4 the next time but currently everything is
> build with 8.1. thanks for your awnsers, so we wont try it.
> but i think we will wait till 8.5 because of the 64 bit problem.
>
> we did not upgrade because 81 has autocast and later version doesn't,
> so we need to check all our statements and triggers/stored procedures
> wich is currently in work.

PostgreSQL 8.3/8.4/8.5 will run just fine on 64bit Windows. Just
understand that PostgreSQL will be running in 32bit mode, which frankly
on windows is not a problem compared to other platforms.

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor
Respect is earned, not gained through arbitrary and repetitive use or Mr. or Sir.