Re: Call for objections: revision of keyword classification - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Call for objections: revision of keyword classification
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I found that COALESCE, EXISTS, EXTRACT, NULLIF, POSITION, SUBSTRING, TRIM
> can be moved from ColLabel to ColId.

Really?  I didn't bother experimenting with anything that had special
a_expr productions ... but now that you mention it, it makes sense that
anything whose special meaning requires a following left paren could
work as a ColId.

Are you recommending that we actually make this change now, or leave
it for a future round of experiments?