Re: Installation of Postgis/postgresql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Subject Re: Installation of Postgis/postgresql
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, 2009-12-28 at 18:24 -0800, Nick wrote:
> Trying to install postgis on LINUX machine,

Which Linux? Many distros have PostGIS and related stuff in their
repositories. You don't need to compile them.

> need to find the geos-config file, as seems it is no where to be found
> after download of postgis in the ./configure step, is there anyone
> that can give me a clue on how to find this file?

You need to *install* Geos first, before installing PostGIS.
> during ./configure of geos errors out looking for g++
>
> to the best of my knowledge g++ is part of gcc and we have a current
> version of the gcc compiler on the computer

c++ is a separate package, generally gcc-c++ or such.
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ, RHCE
Command Prompt - http://www.CommandPrompt.com

Attachment