Re: using psql after you change the default port - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: using psql after you change the default port
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, 2009-12-22 at 15:57 -0800, David Kerr wrote:
> Howdy all
>
> I changed the default port for Postgresql.
>
> Now, when I want to access postgresql via psql (on the db server),
> is there a way to make it default to the new port without using -p
> or a .psqlrc file?

Not that I know of.

> I sort of assumed that psql connected via a local pipe and not a port.

The socket is named... .s.PGSQL.<port>, thus it still needs to know.

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor
Respect is earned, not gained through arbitrary and repetitive use or Mr. or Sir.