Re: Hot Standby, release candidate? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: Hot Standby, release candidate?
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> >> Why not?  If we solve the problem of allowing these relations to change
> >> relfilenodes, then CLUSTER would work just fine on them.  Whether it's
> >> particularly useful is not ours to decide I think.
>
> > I think you are probably right, but my wish to prove Schrodinger's Bug
> > does not exist is not high enough for me personally to open that box
> > this side of 8.6, especially when the previous code author saw it as a
> > risk worth documenting.
>
> You're talking to the "previous code author" ... or at least I'm pretty
> sure that comment is mine.

Yeh, I figured, but I'm just as scared now as you were back then.

This might allow CLUSTER to work, but it is definitely not something
that I will enabling, testing and committing to fix *when* it breaks
because my time is already allocated on other stuff.