Re: garbage in psql -l - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: garbage in psql -l
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On tis, 2009-11-24 at 14:19 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> I think you're being overoptimistic to assume that that's going to
> eliminate the issue.  It might patch things for Oleg's particular
> configuration; but the real problem IMO is that people are depending
> on ~/.psqlrc to set encoding/locale related behavior, and that file
> isn't read before executing -l/-c (not to mention -X).

The -l/-c case should probably be fixed.  If the output contains
non-ASCII data, then it's not going to display correctly.  Not so much a
problem for -l, but definitely for -c, and of course with the Unicode
line drawing now in fact also for -l.