Re: Partitioning option for COPY - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: Partitioning option for COPY
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 2009-11-23 at 09:39 -0500, Emmanuel Cecchet wrote:

> I think you should read the thread and the patch

I did read the thread and patch in full before posting. My opinions are
given to help you and the community towards a desirable common goal.

I was unaware you were developing these ideas and so was unable to
provide comments until now. My review of Kedar's patch in July did lay
out in general terms a specific implementation route for future work on
partitioning. I had thought I might not have made those comments clearly
enough, so gave a more specific description of what I consider to be a
more workable and general solution for cacheing and using partitioning
metadata.