Re: next CommitFest - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: next CommitFest
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 2009-11-16 at 19:15 -0500, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> Brendan Jurd wrote:
> > One of the rewards for getting a patch into the tree is having your
> > name immortalised in the commit log.  There's no such compensation for
> > reviewing patches.
> >
> > I think creating incentives to review is going to be more potent and
> > more enjoyable for everyone involved than punitive measures.
> >

> Indeed. I once suggested only half jokingly that we should have a "Coder
> of the month" award. Maybe a "Reviewer of the month" award would also be
> good. Seriously, the major benefit most people get from contributing
> (apart from good karma and a warm inner glow) is kudos, and we should
> possibly lay it on a bit thicker.

In the old days (I can't believe I said that), it was not uncommon for a
developer to just want a thank you, some pizza and beer. I don't know
that it is much different now.

It is amazing what people are willing to do if they feel a little
appreciated.

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor
If the world pushes look it in the eye and GRR. Then push back harder. - Salamander