Re: Unicode UTF-8 table formatting for psql text output - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Unicode UTF-8 table formatting for psql text output
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 2009-10-06 at 19:35 +0100, Roger Leigh wrote:
> This patch included a bit of code not intended for inclusion
> (setting of client encoding based on locale), which the attached
> (and hopefully final!) revision of the patch excludes.

Well, the documentation still claims that this is dependent on the
locale.  This should be updated to match the code.

I think the setting ought be called linestyle unicode (instead of utf8),
since the same setting would presumably work in case we ever implement
UTF-16 support on the client side.