Re: interface for "non-SQL people" - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: interface for "non-SQL people"
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, 2009-10-09 at 10:32 -0700, Stephan Szabo wrote:

> > Good lord people. Not be helpful much?
> > [...]
> > JD... Who sits in bewilderment
>
> I'm fairly bewildered as well. I mean, why would someone who is emailing
> with an address from a company that presumably should care about how it
> looks on the mailing list bother to prefix his answer to a question with
> what amounts to an attack on other people in the thread. It'd be a bit
> odd, but understandable if the message was an attack only on the answers,
> but is just baffling when it effectively includes attacks on the people.

Trying hard to understand your point. If you are stating that I should
care what I think about how Command Prompt is represented on the list...
I let our record speak for itself.

In regards to the people I replied to, which would be Scott and Merlin.
We have known each other for a long time. This will be hardly the first
time we have disagreed on approach.

If you think anything I wrote was an attack, I apologize. I admit my
general sensitivities are not as tender as some people would like. I
usually point out the obvious, provide simple solutions and not beat
around the bush (preferring of course to chop the offending weed down).
If you would like flowery prose, sorry. It isn't my talent.

Other than that... welcome to Open Source. We speak our minds, in plain
site. I hope you stay and help us with the best opens source database on
the planet.

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor
If the world pushes look it in the eye and GRR. Then push back harder. - Salamander