Re: Procedure for feature requests? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Procedure for feature requests?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, 2009-10-02 at 21:37 +0000, Tim Landscheidt wrote:
> Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
>
> > [...]
> >>   Suppose the feature request was not a trivial one, but
> >> maybe a "DEPENDS ON <object>" clause for "CREATE FUNCTION"
> >> to allow PostgreSQL to deny requests to drop a table/view/
> >> function that is needed by a function - where would I pro-
> >> pose that?
>
> > On -hackers, just like any other feature request, trivial or not.
>
> Thanks. Any particular form? A quick glance at the archives
> did not reveal any feature requests that were not accompa-
> nied by a patch :-).

There is not a specific format but a good thing to do is:

Request Feature
Provide Use Case
Provide Example syntax (if applicable)

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor
If the world pushes look it in the eye and GRR. Then push back harder. - Salamander