Re: Linux LSB init script - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Linux LSB init script
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On tor, 2009-09-17 at 11:59 -0500, Kevin Grittner wrote:
> > Well, in such cases it may be useful to add an option such as
> > --oknodo to select the idempotent behavior.
>
> I found that confusing (as did Robert); how about --lsm-conforming?

s/lsm/lsb/

I'm not so sure that I would label it as LSB, because that is too broad,
and not very descriptive.

I think this option should only control whether start and stop are
idempotent.  Other LSB issues such as exit codes ought to become the
default, or possibly a different option if necessary.