Re: PostgreSQL 11 with SSL on Linux - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: PostgreSQL 11 with SSL on Linux
Date
List pgsql-general
Susan Joseph <sandajoseph@verizon.net> writes:
> So when I run rpm -i it says that the package is installed, but I can't find a postgresql directory with all the
filesand executables.  So what am I missing?

Looking in the right place, perhaps ;-).  If the package is installed
then "rpm -ql" will list all the files it installed.

There are a couple of different layouts that different packagers like to
use, so you might be accustomed to something different than what this
particular package used.

Related to that is that there are almost always sub-packages; it's
likely that in addition to an rpm named just postgresql-NNN you need
postgresql-server-NNN, and maybe some other bits.

            regards, tom lane