Re: remove flatfiles.c - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: remove flatfiles.c
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2009-09-02 at 11:01 -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Greg,
>
> > I don't think we want to cluster on the primary key. I think we just
> > want to rewrite the table keeping the same physical ordering.
>
> Agreed.

Are we sure about that? I would argue that the majority of users out
their (think Django and other Web*Frameworks) are all searching
primarily by primary key + other anyway.

We could always offer the ability to vacuum full (cluster) on index foo
but default to the primary key.

Joshua D. Drake
--
PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor