Looking for real configuration data - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Wei Zheng
Subject Looking for real configuration data
Date
List pgsql-general
[Sorry if you receive multiple copies of this message.]
[Please feel free to forward the message to others who may be
interested.]

Hi,

We are a computer systems research group at the Computer Science
department at Rutgers University, and are conducting research on
simplifying the software configuration process.  The idea is to
leverage the configurations of existing users of a piece of software to
ease the configuration process for each new user of the software.

The reason for this message is that we would like to collect a large
number of deployed configurations to help evaluate our ideas. Thus, we
ask systems administrators and end users to submit information about
their configurations for any software that they have had to configure,
such as Apache, MySQL, and Linux.

We hope that you have a few minutes to take our survey which is located
at: http://vivo.cs.rutgers.edu/massconf/MassConf.html As an incentive,
all surveys completed in their entirety will be entered into a drawing
of a number of $50 gift certificates (from Amazon.com).

Important: Our work is purely scientific, so we have no interest in any
private or commercially sensitive information that may come along with
your configuration data.  We will make sure that no such information is
ever made public.  In fact, if you wish, you are more than welcome to
anonymize or remove any sensitive information from the configuration
data you send us.

If you have any questions regarding this message or our work, feel free
to email Wei Zheng (wzheng at cs dot rutgers dot edu).

Thanks for your time,

Wei Zheng
PhD student, Vivo Research Group (http://vivo.cs.rutgers.edu)
Rutgers University