Re: Insertion to temp table deteriorating over time - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Insertion to temp table deteriorating over time
Date
List pgsql-performance
"Steven Flatt" <steven.flatt@gmail.com> writes:
> Our application is such that there is a great deal of activity at the
> beginning of the hour and minimal activity near the end of the hour.

OK ...

> The truncate and re-fill process is done once per hour, at the end of the
> high-load cycle, so I doubt that's even a big contributor to the number of
> removable rows in pg_class.

Oh, then where *are* the removable rows coming from?  At this point I
think that the truncate/refill thing is not the culprit, or at any rate
is only one part of a problematic usage pattern that we don't see all of
yet.

            regards, tom lane