Re: 8.4 rpm packaging problem? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Subject Re: 8.4 rpm packaging problem?
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

On Sun, 2009-08-16 at 14:59 -0600, Stuart McGraw wrote:

> I just tried to install the 8.4 postgresql-docs
> and postgresql-contrib packages from the pgdg84
> Fedora-11 yum repository and yum tried to install
> postresql-docs-8.4rc1 (rather than 8.4.0) from
> the pgdg repo.

Fixed it now. The reason was that I am using two separate servers to
build Fedora 10 and 11 packages. One of them tags packages with fc11,
the other one tags with f11-- and yum picks up f11. In your case, f11
ones were messed up, and yum failed over to rc packages.

> Second, after getting the postgresql-docs package
> installed by just downloading and installing the
> right rpm, I notice the FAQ subdirectory contains
> the FAQ in many languages, but not english.
> Intentional?

English FAQ moved to wiki -- it is not even in 8.4.0 tarball. That's why
RPM's don't ship it.

Regards,
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ, RHCE