Re: PostgreSQL for Firefox Bookmarks? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: PostgreSQL for Firefox Bookmarks?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, 2009-08-14 at 02:36 +1000, Philip Rhoades wrote:
> Devrim,
>

> On 2009-08-14 00:55, Devrim GÜNDÜZ wrote:
> > On Fri, 2009-08-14 at 00:20 +1000, Philip Rhoades wrote:
> >>
> >> It would be nice to be able to use PostgreSQL as the storage for
> >> Firefox  Bookmarks - anyone know if this would be possible? how it
> >> could be done?
> >
> > Uh, I think it would consume more system resources.
>

> Why do you say that?  I am running PostgreSQL for other things anyway an
> occasional call from FF should not be a big deal?

If you are using PostgreSQL for your general usage database then you
likely wouldn't notice much difference. However, as I recall FF just
uses SQLite, so if you want an interface to that it would be easy
enough.

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL - XMPP: jdrake@jabber.postgresql.org