Re: Re: [Pg-migrator-general] Composite types breakpg_migrated tables - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Re: [Pg-migrator-general] Composite types breakpg_migrated tables
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2009-08-05 at 22:57 -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> >
> Well, pg_migrator has gotten pretty far without supporting these
> features, and I think I would have heard about it if someone had these
> and migrated because vacuum analyze found it right away.  I am afraid
> the best we can do is to throw an error when we see these cases and hope
> we can improve things for 8.5.

*most* users will not even know there is such a thing as a composite
type. Throw an error and call it good for this release.

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL - XMPP: jdrake@jabber.postgresql.org  Consulting, Development, Support, Training  503-667-4564 -
http://www.commandprompt.com/ The PostgreSQL Company, serving since 1997