Re: migrating from 8.1.x to 8.4 - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: migrating from 8.1.x to 8.4
Date
List pgsql-admin
On Fri, 2009-07-17 at 11:53 -0700, Anj Adu wrote:
> We are considering a switch from 8.1.x to 8.4 for some of our
> databases.    Is there a document that highlights the differences
> between these 2 versions. We are not migrating the db but using the
> same schema on the newer version.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/static/release-8-4.html

Note you will need to read the release notes for each version to
determine differences that may affect you. The one that will likely hit
you the worst is the removal of implicit casts in 8.3.

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL - XMPP: jdrake@jabber.postgresql.org
   503-667-4564 - http://www.commandprompt.com/