Re: Vote on Windows installer links - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: Vote on Windows installer links
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Thu, 2009-07-09 at 08:54 -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Josh Berkus wrote:
> > > I requested we find evidence as a formal poll for the reasons you
> > > suggest, and others. I would still be happier if this was a formal poll
> > > rather than as an email from me, but if you would like me to raise this
> > > on other lists, please confirm that.
> >
> > Not really.  Again, without an alternate installer team, there's no
> > point.  It doesn't matter how much anyone wants the moon in a box.
>
> Agreed.  This is not just a download issue, but a larger question of
> whether we use company resources to help the community if the help has
> some PR payback for the company.

You asked for evidence that a significant number of people had issues
with what has been done. You have that now, or do you still dispute
that?

We must now seek a reasonable solution. I see no reason to characterise
the situation as black/white with all possible alternatives as
unreachable.