Re: Temporary tables and miscellaneous schemas - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Temporary tables and miscellaneous schemas
Date
List pgsql-general
> How about if we add a UNION that does:
>     UNION
>     SELECT 'non-local temp schemas skipped', NULL

I think showing that would only be appropriate if we actually *did* skip
some.  Finding that out would complicate the query unduly IMHO.

> I see a few goals here:
>     Prevent \dn from showing lots of lines for large installs
>     Show the local temp schema so people can query it

If those are agreed to be the goals then we end up with your original
solution (or a working implementation of same anyway).

I'd like to see some input from other people about what they want...

            regards, tom lane