Re: REINDEX "is not a btree" - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: REINDEX "is not a btree"
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, 2009-07-03 at 15:00 +0100, Vanessa Lopez wrote:

> I don't know much about postgre, I have no clue what else I can do.
> Please, please any help is very very much appreciated I have lots of
> databases and months of work in postgre (also lots of backups for the
> data in /data)

When you say "in /data", do you mean the directory that contains the
directories "pg_xlog", "base", "global", "pg_clog", etc ?

Did you back up and restore the WHOLE data directory at once? Or did you
restore only parts of it?

When restoring, did you:

- Stop PostgreSQL
- Check with "ps" to ensure no 'postgres' or 'postmaster' instances
  were still running
- Move the old data directory out of the way
- Copy the backup data directory from your backups
- start PostgreSQL

?

Have you checked the file system and disk to make sure they're OK?

--
Craig Ringer