Re: Joint user survey with EnterpriseDB? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: Joint user survey with EnterpriseDB?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Wed, 2009-07-01 at 00:55 -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Yes, I'm thinking this survey low-key, just News and a link in place of
> community/survey at this time. That way we capture some of the increased
> website traffic, but save the real survey blitz for when we have a more
> complete survey we can use several times.  This one is a one-off.

I continue to have reservations, but since I'm involved in a company as
well, any objection I have to certain kinds of marketing is likely to be
seen as partisan or biased. Specifically, I want to show that I have
nothing against EnterpriseDB and the best way to show that is to step
aside. I remove any objection to the user survey going ahead now.

> Then when we get the full, complete community survey done we can blast
> it through the various e-mail channels and elsewhere.  I do think
> getting it done by August 1 is ambitious though, especially if we're
> talking about a July 15 CommitFest.

The project needs a survey that is comprehensive, detailed, regular and
global, run by and for the community. I think we should start that on a
positive note, so again reason to withdraw. Dates are flexible but we
need input into the 8.5 dev process.